what does our Course Evaluation experience tell us about strategic partnerships?
We know it’s tough to get students and faculty engaged in the course evaluation process, so we’ve partnered with a number of evaluation-friendly companies to make getting to a survey or report that much easier. Read on to see how these amazing connections can help you.
- Blackboard®—Using LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability from IMS Global®) or CoursEval™ building block for Blackboard® will take users to their CoursEval™ home page. We support various versions of Blackboard® so be sure to ask which one might work for you.
- Jenzabar®—JICS, a built-in portlet, has its own administrative interface. When enabled, the portlet displays to students as a summary message in the portal’s “global sidebar” and details for each available survey appear in the student view. Seamless sign-on, quick access to available surveys. No more excuses for not taking course and instructor evaluations.
- Moodle™—Those using Moodle™ as their course management system can easily hook into our Remote Portal Interface to allow CoursEval™ and Moodle™
- Sakai®—Another LTI-compatible partner, Sakai® authenticates seamlessly and enables instructors to add external tools to their navigation sidebar to aid with survey completion.
- IMS Global Learning Consortium®—This partnership makes LTI possible and establishes a means for consistently capturing and measuring measures of learning activity in a blissfully seamless way.
- Brightspace by Desire2Learn®—We use LTI to allow CoursEval™ “talk” to D2L™ in order to launch surveys directly from this LMS, allow seamless access to the CoursEval™ survey portal, or display a list of available surveys for launch in a new window.
- Interfolio + Data180®—A pioneer in tech solutions for faculty hiring, promotion, tenure and governance, these online tools for faculty maximize the quality and accessibility of data, and CoursEval’s mass PDF generation of reports hooks in nicely to create a powerful data set.
- Canvas/Instructure®—LTI is at is again with this partnership allowing students and faculty quick access to CoursEval™ via their LMS.
and why do we give back?
It feels great to help our clients, and we thought going a step further and helping our community would be just as rewarding. Check out what we’ve been up to. If your institution has a volunteering experience to share, let us know!
- Thanksgiving Eve 2014–The team gathered at Buffalo City Mission to package thousands of dinners going out for delivery on Thanksgiving Day to families in need
- The Jared Box Project–This spring we’re putting together boxes filled with warm wishes and fun for chronically ill children through this wonderful organization
- Walk MS Manhattan–Our National Sales Director, Sally Garvin, along with family and friends took to the streets of Manhattan, Kansas on April 4, 2015 to raise money and awareness for MS. Her team, the Valiant Walkers, raised $1,955! Great job Sally!
- Ronald McDonald 5K Run–July 29, 2015 Buffalo, NY Members of the AMS Team volunteered at the 14th Annual Ronald McDonald House of Western New York’s 5K Charity Race pulling traffic control duty on Wednesday, July 29, 2015. Aileen McManus (Business Development) and Laura Sandino (Marketing), along with Laura’s husband, Jon, took to the streets and literally played in traffic to keep the roads clear and safe for the runners.It was a hot evening with temps settling in at around 90 degrees at the race venue in Buffalo, NY, but that didn’t stop about 2,000 runners from lacing up their sneakers and participating in this great charitable event. AMS thanks the Ronald McDonald House for the opportunity to help out, and we look forward to playing in traffic again next year!
We’ll be adding to this page as we find more ways to give back!