SaaS Server Administrator & Customer Support
Who we are and what we spend our time doing:
Academic Management Systems is a long-time provider of survey products and services for academic and commercial applications. The company holds patents for unique survey methodologies, and has a strong client portfolio of Universities and Fortune 500 businesses. We’ve got an exciting, ground-up development project for a new extensible and scalable SaaS platform that will support multiple verticals and applications. It’s not going to be easy, so we need a champion in our corner.
What we’re looking for: Server Administrator & Customer Support
We’ll need you to wear a few hats and come prepared for responsibility. You will manage more than 20 virtual servers, backup processes, and an internal network. You will also provide customer-facing IT support for a commercial web application that includes implementations and troubleshooting.
What will you do?
If you’re interested in working with a team of folks who like each other and can handle the following responsibilities, we want to meet you:
• Windows Server management (2012, 2008, 2003)
• Backup process management and disaster recovery
• Application installation
• IIS configuration
• Authentication configuration and testing
• Remote customer IT support (e.g. via WebEx) for installations and trouble-shooting
• Education system integration
• Load testing and other supporting activities
• Special projects including server migrations
Occasionally we’ll need you to provide inter-office desktop support:
• Setting up new machines
• Installing software
• Troubleshooting internal network and desktop issues
What we need from you: Requirements
• Windows Server management
• Windows Active Directory management
• Understand IIS, server resource consumption (memory, CPU, disk), Windows networking, server virtualization.
• Excellent customer interaction skills
• Place a high value on service and ensuring customers are happy
• Plus for understanding of authentication protocols, especially in higher education environments (e.g. LDAP, Shibboleth, CAS)
• Ability to produce technical documentation
• Experience and understanding of ticketing systems to track and resolve issues
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org